More and more private and public organizations are implementing supplier diversity programs. By doing so they decrease costs, increase innovation, and drive greater value throughout their organization and for their customers – all of which are necessary to remain competitive in today’s marketplace.
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) is a Canadian nonprofit organization working closely with public and private entities across North America interested in diversifying their supply chains by engaging more Canadian women-owned businesses in their procurement opportunities.
WBE Canada was established as a Canadian nonprofit organization in 2009 to provide WBE certification services for our Corporate Members. Utilizing our certification services gives buyers confidence that only eligible businesses benefit from supplier diversity program initiatives. Our database provides access to Canadian women-owned businesses in a wide range of categories including but not limited to IT, AI, Training, Logistics, Manufacturing, Wholesale, Retail, Waste Management, Construction, Maintenance, Legal Services, Marketing, Promotional Products, Staffing.
Become a WBE Canada Corporate Member
Join WBE Canada in creating procurement opportunities for Canadian WBEs. WBE Canada encourages public and private companies to access resources to grow, update and/or improve their supplier diversity programs.
WBE Canada Corporate Members Enjoy the Following Benefits:
Networking & Communication
- Access to WBE Canada’s online database of women suppliers certified through globally standardized procedures. Our WBEs (Women Business Enterprises) are 51% or more owned, managed and controlled by woman/women. Canadian businesses with WBE Canada certification stamp go through a rigorous process to confirm that their businesses are majority owned, managed and controlled by woman/women. Our certification ensures that only eligible businesses get support through corporate supplier diversity and public social procurement programs. To learn more about our certification, click here to access our Certification Policy.
- Buyer profile in WBE Canada’s online database. Information about your procurement and supplier diversity policies and links can be included too.
- Participation in WBE Canada events. From conferences and webinars through roundtables to matchmaking sessions, there are many opportunities to engage with WBEs to help you find the right suppliers to invite to your upcoming procurement opportunities.
- Member Newsletter. WBE Canada e-newsletter is published monthly and features relevant news, information and resources.
Learning & Innovation
- Stay on the leading edge of diversity practices globally. Tap into a truly global knowledge network of visionary practitioners in procurement practices and access “Best Practices” supplier diversity research as well as assistance in developing or expanding supplier diversity programs and initiatives. You’ll get the tools and techniques to broaden supplier diversity in your organization.
- Member only discounts and savings. Membership has its privileges. Our members enjoy special pricing on many of our events, sponsorship opportunities and more.
Promotion & Recognition
- Recognition as a supporter of Canadian women-owned businesses. Include your logo on the WBE Canada website, get listed in our brochures and marketing materials, and gain exposure in our news releases and media outreach. Utilizing women-owned firms in your supply chain will boost brand appreciation with women consumers, who make or influence 85% of the purchasing decisions in households.
- Showcase corporate social responsibility. Play an integral role in developing best practices in Canada and demonstrate your leadership in promoting economic growth through women. WBE Canada’s Corporate Members drive change in women entrepreneurship ecosystem through more than just women empowerment, but directly through purchasing from Canadian women-owned businesses creating massive economic impact in women communities.
- Awards. Each year, WBE Canada’s Annual Conference recognizes individuals and organizations within the Corporate Membership who support Canadian women-owned businesses through their procurement, driving supplier diversity in Canada.
Our Corporate member fees are based upon Canadian (not global) revenue provided there is a Corporate entity and operations in Canada for a minimum of two years.
Annual membership fees are tiered by revenue:
- $10,000 per year | Revenue greater than $500 million
- $7,500 per year | Revenue between $250 million and $500 million
- $5,000 per year | Revenue between $10 million and $250 million
- $2,500 per year | Revenue less than $10 million
Are you ready to open your procurement opportunities for Canadian Women Owned Businesses?
Have more questions? Click here to access FAQ page.
WBE Canada is able to fulfill its purpose only because of our Corporate Members. WBE Canada Corporate Members represent organizations committed to buying from diverse suppliers, specifically from women-owned businesses.
These organizations have supported WBE Canada for the past 10 consecutive years and are fully committed to advancing Canadian women-owned businesses through procurement.
These corporate and government entities have or are developing their supplier diversity programs and are open to supporting Canadian Certified WBEs through their supply chains.
Other organizations recognizing WBE Canada certification
There are other organizations across North America recognizing WBE Canada certification. The list of these organizations is provided to WBE Canada certified vendors upon certification.