Eligibility for corporate and government supplier diversity programs
Access to closed door events and opportunities
Growth, training workshops, coaching and mentoring
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) is a Canadian nonprofit organization committed to the success of Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs).
WBE Canada certifies Canadian B2B businesses that are at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by women and connects them to corporate and government supply chains. Our WBE certification is built on the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) US model following global supplier diversity standards and is recognized by such giants as IBM, General Motors, Toyota, Accenture, top Canadian companies like BMO, TD Bank, RBC, TELUS, Rogers, Bell and others. Our certification also opens doors for Canadian WBEs to government organizations, including the City of Toronto, BDC and many others.
WBE Certification helps Canadian WBEs shortcut marketing processes, discover relevant information about supply chains and provides direct access to corporate and government supplier diversity leaders and buyers in organizations in Canada, the USA and beyond.
WBE CANADA CERTIFIES, DEVELOPS & PROMOTES CANADIAN WOMEN-OWNED BUSINESSES
WBE certification gives you a stamp of approval valid for local, national and global supplier diversity programs. 95% of Fortune 500 companies have some sort of supplier diversity program. Combined with the increased implementation of supplier diversity in Canada, WBE certification gives you market advantage and opens new doors to market your products and services to large corporations and governments. As a WBE Canada certified business you are also eligible to use your Certified WBE badge and Canadian Women Brand ® logo on your website, product packaging or marketing collateral.
Our WBEs enjoy complimentary access to the WBE Canada Toolbox. Tools for Growth is designed to support business growth while the Certified WBE section is designed to provide insider information about corporate and government supplier diversity programs, procurement processes and requirements, and more. We also connect our WBEs to a variety of corporate and government mentorship programs to ensure ongoing WBE supplier development.
WBE Canada manages a network of Canadian Certified Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), Corporations and governments committed to including women-owned businesses in their supply chains and support network of partners and champions focused on supporting women-owned businesses. Throughout the year we host multiple networking events ranging from roundtables, matchmakers and social networking to large events and conferences to provide the necessary connections between buyers and our WBE community.
Don't Miss Out! WBE Canada Will Provide You With the Support You've Been Looking For
KEY WBE CERTIFICATION BENEFITS
WBE Certificate - your stamp of eligibility for corporate and government supplier diversity programs
Your company listed in the WBE Canada database which is regularly accessed and reviewed by our corporate and government members
Opportunities to build relationships with buyers and supplier diversity professionals from top national and international corporations
Access to closed-door trade shows, events and matchmakers designed to connect certified businesses with corporate/government buyers to speed up your success
Training workshops designed to help you increase your business capacity, respond to RFXs, prepare for Trade Missions or MatchMaker meetings and more
Opportunity to participate in mentoring programs through corporate and government member organizations
Opportunity to speak at our webinars and events and participate in committees or roundtables to share your expertise and gain extra visibility
Network with like-minded women-owned businesses, build alliances, partnerships or find mentors who understand your challenges
Invitations to RFPs, consultations and other exclusive opportunities open to women-owned businesses
Education on how to leverage your certification, access commercial opportunities and market your business to organizations through supplier diversity programs
Potential to do business with other WBEs run by like-minded women entrepreneurs, and to create partnerships that can position your business for larger contracts
Awards. Each year, WBE Canada recognizes WBEs who demonstrate excellence in business and support for other women-owned businesses
CERTIFICATION HAS ITS BENEFITS, BUT NOT ALL BUSINESSES ARE CANDIDATES.
CONTINUE READING TO SEE IF CERTIFICATION IS THE RIGHT STEP FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
WBE Certification Helps Women-Owned Businesses Scale Up
WBE Certification helps B2B focused women-owned businesses get exposure to the buyers and invitations to bid on opportunities in the large supply chains.
How To Determine Whether WBE Certification Is the Right Step for Your Business?
One of our Corporate Member representatives shares tips for business owners to determine whether WBE certification is the right fit for your business.
WBE Certification Eligibility
WBE Canada follows WBE Certification Policy to determine whether a business is eligible for WBE certification.
Take time to review this policy prior to applying for certification. There are no exceptions to this Policy.
The certification process is rigorous but the key steps are simple:
STEP 1: APPLICATION SUBMISSION
- CLICK TO APPLY (top right hand corner of our website) to be granted access to our secure online portal. Once registered, you will receive an email giving you login access to your application.
- Log in using your username/email and password provided to you by email. You will find helpful information and other guidance to assist you through the application process. Upon successful login, you will find your name at the top right-hand corner of the secure portal. Click on it to navigate to your application.
- The application asks for your business type (incorporation, partnership, sole proprietorship). Your application will be specific to the type. The application has save draft capabilities meaning you can complete as little or as much of the required information at any time and SAVE to come back later. The application should be completed by the sole owner, majority shareholder, or general partner of the company/partnership seeking certification, as applicable.
- Remit the fee via our payment system as directed within the application using a credit card. WBE Certification fee is $750 plus tax.
- When you have completed the application in full, click SUBMIT
STEP 2: APPLICATION REVIEW
- WBE Canada Certification Staff will review your application and schedule a site visit in accordance with Certification Procedures. WBE Canada reserves the right to ask questions in addition to those listed in the application, as may be required.
- When completed, your application is moved to our Certification Committee for final approval or denial. The Certification Committee may request additional documentation or information as appropriate.
STEP 3: APPLICATION APPROVAL/DENIAL
- Applicant will be notified about the Certification Committee decision within 5 business days after such meeting.
- Once certification is approved, a confirmation package including a WBE Certificate will be sent to you. Basic company information will be provided to the WBE Canada network of organizations seeking vendors and business partners.
- WBE Certification is an annual process – all certified businesses must undergo annual review to ensure eligibility (see Renewal, Recertification and Decertification Process section in Certification Manual).
Need more information?
View our FAQs below or email/call us at email@example.com or 416-646-6233
WBE Certification Is a Key To Access Corporate Supply Chains
Downtown Toronto law firm benefits from access, mentorship and support WBE Canada offers to Canadian women-owned businesses through its certification, programming and events.
WBE Certification Opens Access To Global Markets
Certification process is thorough yet easy, legitimizing businesses and opening the doors for Canadian women-owned businesses to corporate supply chains and global markets.
WBE Certification Provides Access To a Unique Business Community
WBE certification is super helpful for women-owned businesses seeking peer-to-peer connections and access to corporate/government buyers.