Member Benefits & Fees
Gaining access to certified WBEs is just the beginning.
WBE Canada also facilitates the sharing of best practices among corporate members so they can enhance their supplier diversity programs.
More and more Canadian corporations are implementing supplier diversity programs. By doing so, they can decrease costs, increase innovation, and drive greater value throughout their organization and for their customers – all of which are necessary to remain competitive in today’s global market.
By joining WBE Canada, you will:
- Expand your sourcing options. Gain access to the WBE Canada online database of women suppliers certified through internationally standardized procedures. Our WBEs (Women Business Enterprises) are 51% or more owned, managed and controlled by women and their taxes are paid. Their certification is updated on an annual basis to ensure that they still meet criteria of corporate and government supplier diversity programs.
- Build relationships with innovative Women’s Business Enterprises. From conferences and webinars through to matchmaking sessions, there are many opportunities to engage with WBEs. Buyers attending WBE Canada events are continually impressed by the high quality suppliers attending our events.
- Drive value and innovation. Increase the number of suppliers in the marketplace, drive up quality and innovation and drive down cost by developing a more inclusive vendor network.
- Gain a competitive edge. Source a dynamic network of growth-oriented women business owners, many with products and services that fill unexploited needs in the marketplace.
- Stay on the leading edge of diversity practices globally. Tap into a truly global knowledge network of visionary practitioners in procurement practices and access “Best Practices” supplier diversity research as well as assistance in developing or expanding supplier diversity programs and initiatives. You’ll get tools and techniques to broaden supplier diversity in your organization.
- Improve your metrics. WBE certification guarantees that businesses are majority owned, managed and controlled by women which ultimately helps you prevent fraud and accurately measure and report on diversity in your procurement practices.
- Reinforce PR efforts. Receive high-profile recognition as a supporter of women-owned businesses through inclusion of your logo on the WBE Canada website, a listing in our brochure and marketing materials, and exposure in our news releases and media outreach.
- Enhance your brand. Include the WBE Canada member seal on your supplier diversity marketing materials and participate in WBE Canada networking, education and training events to demonstrate your commitment to supplier diversity. Utilizing women-owned firms in your supply chain will boost brand appreciation with women consumers, who make or influence 85% of the purchasing decisions in households.
- Showcase corporate social responsibility. Play an integral role in developing best practices in Canada that will be an example to the world and demonstrate your global leadership in promoting economic growth through women. WBE Canada’s Corporate Members drive change in women entrepreneurship ecosystem through purchasing from women-owned businesses, training, mentorship, sponsorship and other opportunities.
- Get recognition. Each year, WBE Canada’s Annual Conference recognizes individuals and organizations within the Corporate Membership who support Canadian women-owned businesses through their procurement driving supplier diversity in Canada.
Fees for 2018/19
Our Corporate member fees are based upon Canadian, not global, revenue provided there is a Corporate entity and operations in Canada for a minimum of two years.
Annual membership fees are tiered by revenue:
- $10,000 per year | Revenue greater than $500 million
- $7,500 per year | Revenue between $250 million and $500 million
- $5,000 per year | Revenue between $10 million and $250 million
- $2,500 per year | Revenue less than $10 million
1. Who are WBE Canada’s Corporate Members?
2. Who is eligible to join?
3. What is the value of a WBE Canada Corporate Membership?
4. What are the commitments required of members?
- Identify opportunities to increase your organization’s procurement from Women Business Enterprises.
- Identify opportunities to increase awareness of the availability of women-owned businesses as suppliers.
- Support and promote WBE Canada’s vision and mission.
- Report on procurement spend with certified Women Business Enterprises.
- Participate in and support WBE Canada with networking events and programs where applicable.
- Leverage the WBE Canada Database for its intended use of sourcing goods and services.
- Remit membership dues annually.
5. How can my company get more involved with women-owned businesses?
6. What is the certification process and how do I know it is reliable?
WBE Canada provides a national standard for the certification of women-owned companies. Our professional staff implements this standard while processing the applications and trained volunteers at Certification Committee evaluate each application to ensure that our standards are met.Each application is reviewed through a thorough process to confirm that business is 51% or more owned, managed and controlled by women. All applications that are not compliant are denied. Each successful applicant is issued a certificate to confirm the compliance with our policies.
To ensure that our database is current, certified WBEs undergo annual recertification process to confirm that they continue to meet our standards. You can rest assured that businesses with valid WBE Canada certificate are truly women-owned.