CODE OF CONDUCT
The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to conduct the business of WBE Canada in accordance with the applicable Laws, Regulations, Rules and with the highest standard of ethics and values. The matters covered in this Code are of utmost importance to WBE Canada and its Stakeholders.
About WBE Canada
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization that is opening doors for Canadian women-owned businesses to supply chains across Canada, North America and globally.
- Vision: To empower and facilitate the success of women-owned businesses with equitable access within supply chains to drive innovation, social value and economic growth in communities across Canada.
- Mission: To build and grow a strong Canadian ecosystem that connects women-owned businesses to procurement opportunities through advocacy, certification, development, and promotion and helps corporations and governments to deliver on their supplier diversity commitments.
Code of Conduct
The following Code of Conduct has been developed to assist Individuals (Directors, Employees, Volunteers, Members, WBE and Partner Representatives) and Organizations (Corporate Members, WBEs and Partners) in achieving a level of conduct that will enable WBE Canada to achieve its mission.
- Individuals and Organizations shall support and promote the vision and mission of WBE Canada and abide by its by-law, guidelines and policies.
- Individuals and Organizations shall act in accordance with the highest standard of personal and professional integrity, honesty and ethical conduct.
- Individuals and Organizations shall ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including but not limited to employment, labour, non-discrimination and human rights legislation.
- Individuals and Organizations shall refrain from public criticism of fellow Individuals and Organizations participating with WBE Canada. Individuals and Organizations shall also not engage in conduct or make public statements likely to harm, defame or otherwise discredit WBE Canada and its stakeholders.
- Individuals and Organizations shall maintain, at all times, the confidentiality of all records and other confidential information of WBE Canada, including but not limited to intellectual property, personal employee or certified WBE information and assets (data, systems, equipment, materials, etc.) and only use them for their authorized purpose.
- Individuals and Organizations shall not use the confidential information obtained through their association with WBE Canada or their position within WBE Canada to further their private interests and will otherwise avoid conflicts of interest. Representatives shall promptly disclose to their WBE Canada contact all matters that could pose a potential, perceived or actual conflict of interest.
- Individuals and Organizations may be periodically asked to attend functions to represent WBE Canada. Permission must be obtained from WBE Canada President’s Office before accepting an engagement where an Individual or Organization will be representing WBE Canada.
Respect in the Workplace
WBE Canada believes in the prevention of violence and promotes a violence-free workplace in which all people respect one another and work together to achieve the mission of the organization. WBE Canada is committed to taking all reasonable steps to ensure the health, safety and dignity of all employees, volunteers, members and stakeholders in its workplace. Any act of violence, threats, or discrimination committed by or against any Individual is unacceptable conduct that will not be tolerated. This policy applies to all activities, whether they are conducted in person or virtually.
Complaints and Reparations
If there is a breach of the Code of Conduct and/or a complaint filed with WBE Canada, sanctions against the individual or organization whose conduct is in question may be appropriate. Relatively minor breaches may only warrant a caution or reprimand while more serious breaches may result in the termination of employment, partnership, membership or certification by the board of directors. All complaints will be reviewed by the Board Secretary and protected against anti-retaliation.
If you have any questions about the Code of Conduct, please direct them to the President’s office here.