Calling all women-owned businesses!
The Centre for Women in Business (CWB) and Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) are recruiting Women Business Owners for their virtual mentorship program. Open to all 4 Atlantic Provinces, this mentorship and training program will pair eligible participants with a corporate mentor and a WBE Canada experienced WBE certified mentor, helping women business owners understand the process required to find, bid on, and win contracts, helping them gain a foothold in the supply chain of large corporations.
Who is eligible?
- A company that is 51% owned, operated and managed by a woman/women – company must pass through WBE Canada certification prior to the start of the cohort
- A women-owned business that is growth-oriented and seeking new markets
- An Atlantic Canada women business owner who has established companies who can demonstrate the capacity to provide quality service and/or products on larger contracts
Mentee Program Benefits:
- Most large companies with a supplier diversity program require certification from diverse suppliers – certification provides the best opportunity for organizations/corporates to discover and hire your company
- Learn from subject matter experts (corporate and WBE mentors) WBE Canada supply chain training will cover a variety of topics such as responding to an RFP, making a pitch, developing a capability statement – learn to meet the requirements of corporate or government buyers
- Peer networking – other certified businesses are more likely to recommend your business for a product or service they don’t provide
- WBE Certification provides opportunity to participate in networking, development, and educational events that other small businesses don’t have access to; certification means you can list your company in supplier databases.
- Most supplier diversity programs will contact you only if you are certified so you could be missing out on opportunities
- Buying locally is extremely important for corporations to support the city in which they are located
- Mentors from corporations can mean you have access to the latest information directly from large supply chains
- Experienced WBE mentors can guide you through building capacity in your company
- Use your certification as a marketing/promotional tool
- Build network and support of other Atlantic WBE’s in group training and mastermind sessions as sounding board and idea generation
Mentee Training Benefits:
- Increase knowledge of working with larger organizations and supply chains
- Develop capability statement
- Develop and polish up your sales “pitch” for corporations
- Identify areas to build capacity in your organization to fulfill a large contract
- Identify potential topics for mentor sessions
- Learn networking with large supply chains
- Cohort 1 – September 2022 – February 2023 – Applications open July 18, 2022 and close August 15, 2022 or when cohort filled
- Cohort 2 – February – July 2023
- Cohort 3 – September 2023 – February 2024
Spots are limited to 10 mentees per cohort.
(Valid WBE Certification is required)