Reporting to the President
Employment: Contract with opportunity to extend to full-time position in 2022
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) is a Toronto based nonprofit organization certifying Canadian women-owned businesses and connecting them to buyers in large corporate and government organizations. Our mission is to advance economic growth across Canada through certification, promotion and development of women-owned businesses with a vision of empowered women-owned businesses with equal access within corporate and public procurement.
We are looking for an organized and experienced training & program coordinator to join our organization. With your creativity and enthusiasm, you will plan, organize and develop engaging and educational programs for our community of women-owned businesses, corporate and government buyers and other professionals. Your expertise in both, in-person and online environments, will encourage our business community to get engaged and connected while also learning and improving their programs and businesses. We’re looking for a team player with a strong commitment to the growth and success of Canadian women entrepreneurs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess stakeholders’ needs and develop programs to meet these needs and achieve Satisfaction Survey targets
- Work with the President, team and stakeholders to develop training strategies, engaging training programs, materials, tutorials, instructions and other learning resources that meet the needs of our community
- Oversee training and resource development for and in partnership with a variety of stakeholders, including women-owned businesses, corporate and government buyers and representatives, women organizations, industry associations and others
- Ensure policies, procedures, processes and systems are in place and being monitored
- Maintain a database of all training materials
- Instruct or facilitate training and onboarding through webinars and in person (as and when applicable)
- Communicate with guest speakers, panelists and mentors, oversee preparation for the events and sessions
Requirements and Qualifications
- Certification from talent and training associations a plus
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a trainer, corporate or business training specialist, or related position
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), SurveyMonkey, Google Drive and instructional software
- Experience with technologies and best practices for instructional manuals and teaching platforms
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Strict adherence to company philosophy/mission statement/sales goals
- Values of Respect, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration and Impact
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
- Strong leadership skills; experience managing teams and volunteers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Fluent English is required, French would be considered an asset
What we offer
Our dynamic virtual team utilizes the power of technology and relies on strong communication skills of all team members. Our work ethic and great team culture have been drivers of our many successes in the previous years. WBE Canada is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit and business need.
What are you waiting for?
Join us in supporting the development of Canadian Women Entrepreneurs and organizations committed to supporting them. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com