WBE Canada is seeking a diligent individual to join our team in an exciting role as an Operations Administrative Assistant reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations. This position will provide efficient and effective operational and administrative support on all matters relating to business administration, operational workflows, data analysis, scheduling, event coordination, special project activity and correspondence management.
This qualified professional must enjoy working as part of a collaborative virtual team but is very capable of completing assigned tasks independently. They must know how to strategize a plan efficiently as you will be actively involved in multiple programs and events with a main focus on logistics, communication with stakeholders and delivering outcomes as planned, leading them to success. This role requires a highly motivated self-starter who is eager to learn, understands the day-to-day needs of a fast-paced and forward-thinking environment and will play a key role in shaping and sustaining our culture. Organized and experienced candidates with strong interpersonal skills are encouraged to apply.
About the Role:
As a key member of our Operations team, you will:
- Provide operational administrative support to the Director of Finance & Operations including preparation of correspondence and meeting materials, ensuring action items are completed on a timely basis, overseeing event platform software needs and managing day to day workflow.
- Assist the day to day by managing the events calendar and scheduling appointments and meetings based on priorities of operational needs and events, inclusive of preparing for events and presentations, booking of rooms, AV/IT, catering and other logistics.
- Schedule and arrange logistic requirements and travel to other provinces for programs, events, or pre-set meetings with members of our community or their references.
- Manage event logistics, by assisting with project management systems, updating event calendar, supporting registration process, attendance tracking, hosting of events, assisting presenters by providing tech calls/support channels, monitoring chat, and providing technical support as required.
- Manage internal and external communications related to virtual events, webinars, and training, including supporting the writing of policies and procedures for events and event platforms keeping the team informed about the registration status, platform issues and updates, etc.
- Be responsible for working with staff and external stakeholders to develop event strategy; coordinate relationships; track schedules, deliverables, etc.
- Support special projects around tracking deliverables, reporting on timelines and progress, assist with expense summaries when needed
- Coordinate and manage the project schedules by planning, prioritizing and preparing meeting materials.
- Find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing environment, and driven culture
- Conduct data analysis to derive meaningful insights for informed decision-making for management and teams use
- Utilize analytical tools and methodologies to identify trends and opportunities for process improvement.
- Support ad-hoc requirements for reporting and analysis
- Execute on other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with exemplary multi-tasking abilities.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to plan, prioritize and organize work and ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Professional and courteous demeanor in dealing with all stakeholders and visitors.
- Advanced knowledge of administrative/operational procedures and systems.
- Knowledge/experience with not-for-profit organizations, grant writing and fundraising would be an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma in business administration, operational support, or other applicable areas.
- Can manage multiple tasks in a fast pace and deadline driven environment
- Ability to work and communicate with leaders across all levels of the organization.
- Has the ability to work independently, as well as lead and work effectively in a multiple team environment
- Can communicate on the phone and online platforms, such as Google Meet, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams
- Proficient with Active Campaign, or other CRM software
- Experience using Eventbrite
- Advanced knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, environment, and driven culture
- Passion for supporting WBE Canada mission
What are we looking for?
- Collaborative spirit and strong communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, with a willingness to learn and challenge yourself
- Self-motivate with the ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
- Ability to manage multiple projects to consistently meet high standards and be attentive to quality
- Driven by results and committed to meeting deadlines
- Ability to work cross-departmentally and can be relied on to communicate details and information effectively
- Highly analytical, positive attitude, detail and oriented
- Exceptional relationship management skills, ability to work in a close-knit team setting, and ability to build
- strong relationships with vendors, event organizers, member companies, partners and agencies
- Self-starter, comfortable taking initiative and thinking on your feet
- Proven team player who is both flexible and highly adaptable
What’s In It For You?
- A culture of innovation, empowerment, decision-making, and accountability
- Additional benefits, including paid time-off programs (vacation, sick leave, and holidays)
- Virtual work environment for all positions
This role was filled and is no longer available. Stay tuned for more opportunities!
We thank all the applicants for their interest, only those who meet our search criteria will be contacted.