We’re hiring for a Finance & Operations Manager
Reporting to the President & CEO and serving as an integral member of the management team, the Finance & Operations Manager will be responsible for WBE Canada’s finance, budgeting and human resources functions.
Role & Responsibilities:
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise the CEO and Treasurer on financial planning budgeting.
- Serve as the management liaison to the Board and auditor; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking/investment
Financial Management, Budgeting and Audit
- Full cycle accounting in QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Issue invoices to Corporate Members for annual membership fees, sponsorships, and partnerships and collect revenues
- Reconcile different revenue streams (Certification/Events) from different processing portals and record revenue in QBO
- Remit HST to CRA on Corporate Membership
- Issue payments (mostly online) to vendors via BMO Online Banking/Corporate Credit Card
- Reconcile corporate credit card monthly
- Reconcile Bank accounts monthly and generate financial statements
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for the board and AGM meetings
- Participate in Executive Committee meetings and Quarterly Board meetings and take minutes
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditor and the Board Treasurer; assess any changes necessary
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
HR and Payroll & Benefits Management
- Process bi-weekly payroll in Wagepoint
- Process monthly contractor payments through Wagepoint
- Enroll new employees on payroll and benefits platform
- Ensure that benefits deductions are set accurately
- Process ROEs for leaves, terminations, etc
- Review and process T4s and T4As annually
- New employee orientation (HR Policies & Procedures, payroll, benefits, TD1 forms)
Operations – Events
- Liaise with Conference venue for space planning, meals, AV and overall logistics of the annual conference with guidance from CEO
- Finalize contracts for all conference related vendors and ensure payments are done on time
- Liaise with vendors for other events during the year on CEO’s request
- Hotel and travel booking for the CEO and WBE staff may also need to be done on as needed basis
- 3-5 years of experience in financial accounting and management with an emphasis on non-profit accounting
- Certified Professional Accountant – Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance an asset
- Experience with payroll and benefits management
- Experience in people management, recruiting and performance evaluations.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with accounting software (QBO)
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, WBE Canada’s Board of Directors, and staff
- Passion for WBE Canada’s mission
- Nice to have: Knowledge on how to use G-Suite and Clickup
Applications are CLOSED!