Job opportunity: Operations Assistant
Reporting to the Chief Operation Officer, the Operations Assistant will be responsible for assisting with the operations and certification tasks.
Hours: Full time employment
WBE Canada (Women Business Enterprises Canada Council)
WBE Canada is a Toronto based nonprofit organization certifying Canadian women-owned businesses and connecting them to the buyers in large corporate and government organizations. Our mission is to advance economic growth across Canada through certification, promotion and development of women-owned businesses with a vision of empowered women-owned businesses with equal access within corporate and public procurement.
Our dynamic virtual team utilizes the power of technology, provides flexible work arrangements and relies on strong communication skills of all team members. Our strong work ethic and great team culture have been drivers of our many successes in the previous years. We’re looking for a team player with strong commitment to women entrepreneurship looking to contribute to our community of women-owned businesses, corporate and government partners as well as other stakeholders.
- Data entry
- Compile data reports
- Provide general administrative support
- Assist with certification process including site visits
- Liaise with different departments
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the COO informed of all critical issues.
- Ensure that goals and timelines are met.
- Provide support during Annual Conference and min. 6 weeks leading up to the Conference.
- Provide support during other events as needed.
- Experience in a business work environment preferred
- Analytical skills to sift through data and information
- Advanced G-Suite and Microsoft Office skills with, tech savvy
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with multitasking abilities
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Exceptional people skills and communication skills
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Passion for WBE Canada’s mission
- Fluent English is required, French would be considered an asset