Reporting to the CEO and serving as an integral member of the management team, the Finance & Operations Manager will be responsible for the development of WBE Canada’s financial strategy, budget and reporting.
Hours: Full time
WBE Canada (Women Business Enterprises Canada Council)
WBE Canada is a Toronto based nonprofit organization certifying Canadian women-owned businesses and connecting them to the buyers in large corporate and government organizations. Our mission is to advance economic growth across Canada through certification, promotion and development of women-owned businesses with a vision of empowered women-owned businesses with equal access within corporate and public procurement.
Our dynamic virtual team utilizes the power of technology, provides flexible work arrangements and relies on strong communication skills of all team members. We’re looking for a team player with a strong work ethic and positive attitude. We provide opportunities to excel and show your brilliance as you work on high value and high visibility projects that may translate into long-term career opportunities.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise the CEO and Treasurer on financial planning budgeting.
- Serve as the management liaison to the Board and auditor; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the CEO informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for the board and AGM meetings, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditor and the Board Treasurer; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
Human Resources, Technology and Administration
- Further develop WBE Canada’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Attend quarterly board meetings and AGM
- During board meetings and AGM responsible for taking the minutes
- Provide support during Annual Conference and min. 6 weeks leading up to the Conference.
- Provide support during other events as needed.
- Certified Professional Accountant – Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance an asset
- Significant experience in or knowledge of non-profit accounting including grant accounting, compliance and reporting.
- Experience in people management, recruiting and performance evaluations.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with accounting software
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, WBE Canada’s Board of Directors, and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion for WBE Canada’s mission
WBE Canada is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all skilled applicants to apply.