About WBE Canada
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization that is opening doors for Canadian women-owned businesses to supply chains across Canada, North America and globally. We are committed to promoting supplier diversity. We provide certification to Canadian companies that are majority-owned, managed and operated by women. Through our network, we connect these businesses with corporate and government buying opportunities, while also providing them with the resources and knowledge they need to conduct transactions with larger organizations.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing primarily administrative support to the President and CEO, as well as to the Director, Finance and Operations. This position also oversees the general management of the office and is a key contact and logistics for the Board of Directors and all Committees.
About the Role:
As a key member of WBE Canada, you will:
- Organize and manage office activities for the President & CEO;
- Some administration and logistical support provided to Director, Finance & Operations;
- Manage the current and future year Board and Committee calendars and special event schedule;
- Manage document preparation, collection, and archiving for Board of Directors and all Committee meetings;
- Update and maintain spreadsheets, reports and prepare professional presentations using Excel, Power Point, GSuite tools and similar;
- Copy and/or distribute correspondence, communications and other documents as required;
- Oversee filing systems, contact lists, calendar, bookings and travel for President & CEO;
- Actively identify opportunities and promote administrative and process efficiencies related to the role;
- Work closely with WBE Canada team to monitor all incoming and outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, reports and internal correspondence
- Develop and oversee Customer Service procedures, policies, and standards
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
- Maintain FAQs with most common questions and recommend improvements to website, program and event pages as necessary
- Assist in event planning as necessary;
- Assist in and support special projects and events as required.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 5 years related work experience as a senior level administrative or executive assistant role;
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector is an asset;
- Certificate and/or Diploma in a related discipline (i.e. business, communications, etc) will be considered an asset;
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency using: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, GSuite and CRM
- Online applications such as project management software will be considered an asset;
- Superior organizational and time management skills to multitask and prioritize responsibilities;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and adjust to changing priorities;
- Attention to detail is a critical competency;
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative on tasks and projects;
- Ability to handle confidential information with absolute integrity and discretion;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with diplomacy and professionalism to deal with executives, Board members, staff, and all other stakeholders such as women business owners, corporate and government leaders, and the general public;
- Strong emotional intelligence, with a willingness to learn and challenge yourself;
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team;
- Superior organizational and planning skills with the ability to set priorities, follow up and meet deadlines;
- Display tact and good judgment in resolving problems and answering inquiries;
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills in both official languages is an asset.
THIS POSTING IS CLOSED
Thank you for your consideration!