Reporting to the Partnerships & Training Manager, the Event Coordinator will oversee all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events, ranging from one-off webinars to large events.
Employment: Full time position
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) is a Toronto based nonprofit organization certifying Canadian women-owned businesses and connecting them to buyers in large corporate and government organizations. Our mission is to advance economic growth across Canada through certification, promotion and development of women-owned businesses with a vision of empowered women-owned businesses with equal access within corporate and public procurement.
We are looking for an organized Event Coordinator with attention to detail to join our organization. With your creativity and enthusiasm, you will plan, organize and develop engaging and educational events for our community of women-owned businesses, corporate and government buyers and other professionals. Your expertise in both, in-person and online environments, will encourage our business community to get engaged and connected while also providing them with meaningful networking and learning opportunities. We’re looking for a team player with a strong commitment to the growth and success of Canadian women entrepreneurs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, organize, and execute a variety of events (online and in person), e.g. tradeshow, conference, meetings, webinars, etc.
- Book venues (or platforms for online events) and maintain a working relationship with platform or venue for support
- Plan event aspects, such as venue seating, dining, guest list, music/AV, photographers/videographers, and schedule speakers and performers
- Communicate and collaborate with team, delegate event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary
- Recruit, train and coordinate event volunteers
- Stay within a budget while planning event specifications
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an Event Coordinator (if less please clarify why we should consider your application)
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail
- Strong team management experience
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Open to feedback
- Passion for WBE Canada’s mission
What we offer
Our dynamic virtual team utilizes the power of technology and relies on strong communication skills of all team members. Our work ethic and great team culture have been drivers of our many successes in the previous years. WBE Canada is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit and business need.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org