COVID-19 Updates & Information For Businesses
Last update: March 30, 2020
WBE Canada Team is compiling a list of updates and resources to help Canadian women-owned businesses navigate necessary information and resources for your business. Bookmark this page for future updates.
- March 30 – WBE Canada announced its upcoming “Leading Through Crisis” online panel for Friday April 3, 2020 at 3pm EDT.
- March 30 – Prime Minister shares details on Federal Wage Subsidy – available to businesses and organizations whose revenue decreased by at least 30%. Number of employees will not be a criteria. The subsidy will cover up to 75 per cent on the first $58,700 earned and is backdated to March 15. Prime Minister also warned businesses from gaming these supports saying that there will be serious consequences – no details were shared on this topic.
- March 27 – Prime Minister announces additional support for Canadian small businesses – 75% of wage subsidies, launch of Canada Emergency Business Account – interest free loans for eligible businesses available through banks, loans available through BDC & EDC, deferred taxes
- March 26 – BC issues List of essential services
- March 24 – WBE Canada published list of Resources & procurement opportunities for Canadian businesses
- March 24 – Quebec orders the minimization of all non-priority services and activities between March 25 – April 13, 2020
- March 23 – Ontario Government orders the mandatory closure of non-essential businesses – List of essential businesses
- March 23 – BC Government announced support for individuals and businesses
- March 22 – State of emergency declared in Nova Scotia
- March 20 – Manitoba declared state of emergency
- March 18 – BC declared a state of emergency
- March 17 – Alberta declared a public health emergency
- March 17 – WBE Canada President addressed WBE Community
- March 13 – Quebec declared health emergency, this declaration was renewed on March 20
- March 11 – WBE Canada cancelled all live events up until the end of June 2020 effective immediately. WBE Canada team was ruled to work from home until further notice and travel ban on domestic and international travel was established.