Reporting to the Program Manager, the Community Lead will be responsible for the Community engagement and communication support. You will be a key point of contact for our Community, keeping them informed about programs, initiatives and events that are most suitable for them as well as helping them resolve their challenges. If you are results driven, enjoy speaking directly with clients and are passionate about helping others, we want to hear from you.
Hours: Full time – 40 hr/wk
WBE Canada is a Canadian nonprofit organization certifying Canadian women-owned businesses and connecting them to the buyers in large corporate and government organizations. Our mission is to advance economic growth across Canada through certification, promotion and development of women-owned businesses with a vision of empowered women-owned businesses with equal access within corporate and public procurement.
Our dynamic virtual team utilizes the power of technology, provides flexible work arrangements and relies on strong communication skills of all team members. We’re looking for a team player with a strong work ethic and positive attitude. We provide opportunities to excel and show your brilliance as you work on high value and high visibility projects that may translate into long-term career opportunities.
- Provide input on strategy, programs and activities that will have a positive impact on the community.
- Build and maintain relationships with members of the community, key individuals, and other team members.
- Serve as a key point of contact for the WBE Canada community, ensure that the Community is informed, engaged, supported and continues to advance and benefit from our programs, events and initiatives.
- Oversee onboarding, training and engagement of new Community members.
- Conceptualize, plan, coordinate and execute events and programs for the community, both virtually and in person.
- Work closely with Marketing team on community communication and messaging
- Initiate necessary surveys, tracking and reporting to provide key data, statistics and success stories.
- Stay up-to-date with trends, news, and events within the community.
- Research and recommend methods for improving community engagement.
- Ensure that goals and timelines are met.
- Provide support during Annual Conference and min. 6 weeks leading up to the Conference.
- Provide support during other events as needed.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Minimum 2 years experience in community engagement or a related field
- Customer service focus with exceptional communication skills including verbal, written, digital and presentation skills
- Tech savvy, able to learn new technologies quickly
- Able to work from home with own technology, fast internet connection as part of virtual team
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness, and professionalism
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Fantastic administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion for WBE Canada’s mission