We’re Hiring for a Certification Coordinator!
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Certification Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the certification, renewal & recertification processes.
Hours: Full time
WBE Canada (Women Business Enterprises Canada Council)
WBE Canada is a Toronto based nonprofit organization certifying Canadian women-owned businesses and connecting them to the buyers in large corporate and government organizations. Our mission is to advance economic growth across Canada through certification, promotion and development of women-owned businesses with a vision of empowered women-owned businesses with equal access within corporate and public procurement.
Our dynamic virtual team utilizes the power of technology, provides flexible work arrangements, and relies on strong communication skills of all team members. We’re looking for a team player with a strong work ethic and positive attitude. We provide opportunities to excel and show your brilliance as you work on high value and high visibility projects that may translate into long-term career opportunities.
- Work with the Certification Manager regarding certifications
- Oversee and process site visits for new applications prior to being presented at certification committee
- Process renewal applications in WBE Canada portal – review of legal documents, e.g. by-laws, tax documents, etc.
- Keep track of certified and decertified businesses
- Ability to run reports in the WBE Canada portal (database) for trending and key metrics reporting
- Ensure that WBE Certification Policy and internal policies are being followed
- Attend Certification Committee meetings
- Prospect potential WBEs, respond to phone inquiries, track referrals and manage prospecting resources and collateral development
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the President informed of all critical issues.
- Provide support during Annual Conference and min. 6 weeks leading up to the Conference.
- Provide support during other events as needed.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Minimum 2 years experience in data processing, application review, or similar field
- Customer service focus with exceptional communication skills including verbal, written, digital, presentation and listening skills
- Tech savvy, able to learn new technologies quickly
- Able to work from home with own technology, fast internet connection as part of virtual team
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure and manage sensitive or controversial subjects with tact, kindness, and professionalism
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Fantastic administrative and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Passion for WBE Canada’s mission