Reporting to the Certification Manager, the Certification Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the certification, renewal & recertification processes.
Work arrangement: Remote
Hours: Full time
Salary: $42K – 47K plus benefits
WBE Canada is a Toronto based national nonprofit organization certifying Canadian women-owned businesses and connecting them to the buyers in large corporate and government organizations. Our mission is to to build and grow a strong Canadian ecosystem that connects women-owned businesses to procurement opportunities through advocacy, certification, development, and promotion and helps corporations & governments to deliver on their supplier diversity commitments.
Our dynamic virtual team utilizes the power of technology, provides flexible work arrangements, and relies on strong communication skills of all team members. We’re looking for a team player with a strong work ethic and positive attitude. We provide opportunities to excel and show your brilliance as you work on high value and high visibility projects that may translate into long-term career opportunities.
Role & Responsibilities
Certification & Recertification Processing
- Responsible for administrative tasks associated with Certification Committee including Applicant checklists and meeting minutes
- Ability to complete outreach follow-up on new and renewal applications
- Make sure all inquiries, concerns, questions are addressed
- Review documents, conduct site visits and prepare reports
- Assist Certification Coordinator in new and renewal application processing
- Keep tracking sheets updated at all times
- Ensure the integrity and accurateness of the database
- Send out certificates using “template emails”
- Provide support during National Conference and min. 6 weeks leading up to the Conference.
- Provide support during other events as needed.
- Minimum 3 years experience in administration or relevant significant experience of certification matters
- Exceptional understanding of all Canadian business structures
- Attention to detail is essential
- Excellent judgement and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with WBE Canada’s Certification Committee, and staff
- Strong computer skills and ability to work in virtual environment are required
- Preference will be given to bilingual applicants (English is mandatory, French is desired)
- Passion for WBE Canada’s mission
Interested? Submit your application below.