Reporting to the President and CEO and serving as a pivotal member of the management team, the Manager of Business Development will be responsible for the development and execution of strategic sales initiatives to meet and exceed WBE Canada’s sales targets.
About the Role:
As a key member of WBE Canada, you will:
- Collaborate with the President and CEO and the Leadership Team to manage the strategic planning process for the business development portfolio.
- Plan and lead the organization’s sales policies, objectives and initiatives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive long term and short term sales strategies to drive business growth and to create awareness of the organization’s on-going business activities
- Working closely with the President & CEO to establish KPIs for the sales portfolio and regularly monitor performance, making data-driven decisions to optimize results and to ensure goals and annual sales targets are met.
- Prepare accurate and complete sales reports documenting budgets, current market share, direct sales, and outline sales plans.
- Explore customer needs and goals, generate and maintain accurate account and opportunity plans.
- Develop and conduct sales campaigns, as well as working with other departments to continue the drive to grow the business
- Working with Leadership team to continue to drive a culture of continuous learning and improvement within WBE Canada
- Develop and deliver training programs that enhance the team’s understanding of our organization, our customers’ businesses, and effective sales techniques.
- Manage a high-performing sales portfolio, providing mentorship, guidance, and fostering a positive and motivating work environment.
- Work closely with other departments, to ensure seamless alignment and exceptional customer experience to clients
- Provide support during other events as needed.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or a relevant field;
- Minimum 3 years related work experience in managerial role;
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency using: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, GSuite and CRM
- Online applications such as project management software will be considered an asset;
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong leadership and managerial abilities, with experience in building and motivating high-performing sales teams.
- Desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, technology-driven culture;
- Display tact and good judgment in resolving problems and answering inquiries;
- Superior organizational and time management skills to multitask and prioritize responsibilities;
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector is an asset;
- Passion for WBE Canada’s mission
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and lead successful sales strategies that align with company goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of delivering persuasive presentations and negotiating contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and adjust to changing priorities;
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative on tasks and projects;
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team;
- Ability to handle confidential information with absolute integrity and discretion;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, along with diplomacy and professionalism to deal with executives, Board members, staff, and all other stakeholders such as women business owners, corporate and government leaders, and the general public;
- Strong emotional intelligence, with a willingness to learn and challenge yourself;
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills in both official languages is an assets
THIS POSTING IS CLOSED
Thank you for your consideration!