WBE Canada Announces Winners of 2020 Excellence Awards
Toronto | For Immediate Release
WBE Canada is excited to announce the winners of this year’s Excellence Awards celebrated during its 11th Annual Conference “Supply Chain Innovation ” held virtually, November 9-10, 2020.
Rewatch the moments here:
The 2020 Excellence Awards recognize the significant contributions made by corporations and leaders to the economic advancement of women-owned businesses in Canada and the achievement of Canadian women-owned businesses. In total, 10 awards were handed out. Leading off the celebrations, Silvia Pencak announced this year’s WBE Canada Procurement Champion inductee – TD Bank, recognizing 10 consecutive years as a WBE Canada Corporate Member, championing supplier diversity and Canadian women-owned businesses. TD Bank joins Accenture, BMO, IBM, Nokia, RBC and TELUS as WBE Canada Procurement Champions.
Following are the 2020 Excellence Award winners.
- 2020 WBE Canada Champion – BDC (Business Development Bank of Canada)
- 2020 Rising Star – Staff Shop
- 2020 Supplier Diversity Leader – Michael Pacholok, Chief Procurement Officer, City of Toronto
- 2020 WBE Leaders – Andrea Robinson, Robinson Global Management Inc., Marte Belisle, SommEvents, Maryse Benhoff, BG Communications International Inc. and Michele Bailey, Blazing Design & My Big Idea
- 2020 Most Improved Supplier Diversity Program – TD Bank
- 2020 Top WBE Supplier – Wonderkind
- 2020 Top Corporation – RBC
- 2020 President’s Award – Accenture | Redwood Classics Apparel
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2020 Excellence Awards.
Thank you to all our sponsors for making WBE Canada’s 2020 Annual Conference and Excellence Awards a huge success and unforgettable experience and for helping us ensure that our community remained safe and healthy while still being able to share in the necessary training, networking and conversations that will continue to drive supplier diversity forward and ensure the growth and success of women-owned businesses in Canada.
About WBE Canada
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) is a Canadian non profit organization with a mission to empower Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs) with equal access to corporate and public procurement. Our role is to certify, promote and develop women-owned businesses while also supporting our Corporate Member community with the access to a pool of business-ready suppliers. Since 2009 we’ve been certifying businesses that are 51% or more owned, managed and controlled by women and connecting them to supply chains. More information at www.WBECanada.ca/about
Sharon Ferdinands, Marketing Manager, WBE Canada, email@example.com