WBE Canada Announces 2021 Excellence Awards Winners
Awards Sponsors: Cotton Candy, IBM, Pivotal Growth, TD, TELUS, Toyota, Sun Life
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council ( WBE Canada) is excited to announce the winners of this year’s Excellence Awards celebrated during it’s 12th Annual Conference Moving Forward Together: Driving Change Through Supplier Diversity held virtually, November 9-10th, 2021.
WBE Canada’s Excellence Awards showcase and celebrate achievements in supplier diversity amongst its certified WBE community, corporate and government members and partner organizations. Twelve awards were handed out during the ceremony held on Day 2 of this year’s conference. Leading off the celebrations Maddy Baker, Chair, WBE Canada Board of Directors, announced this year’s WBE Canada Procurement Champion Inductee – GM, recognizing 10 consecutive years as a WBE Canada Corporate Member, championing supplier diversity and Canadian women-owned businesses. GM joins Accenture, BMO, IBM, Nokia, RBC, TELUS and TD Bank as WBE Canada Procurement Champions.
Following are the 2021 Excellence Award Winners:
- 2021 Top Volunteer – Lorena Diaz, Ventures and Acquisitions, Program & Project Management Manager, Accenture
- 2021 Rising Star – The Roundtable
- 2021 Most Improved Supplier Diversity Program – Bell
- 2021 WBE Leaders – Ann Gomez, Clear Concept Inc.; Mandy Lunn, Universal Geomatics Solutions Corp.; Michèle Leduc, ZIP Communication
- 2021 Supplier Diversity Leader – Lisa Ross, Magna
- 2021 Top WBE Supplier – Robinson Global Management Inc.
- 2021 Top Corporation in Supplier Diversity – BMO
- 2021 WBE Canada Champion – BDC
- 2021 President’s Award – Anne-Marie Deslauriers, DELAN | Melissa Simmons, Diversity Professional Magazine
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE 2021 WINNERS
Congratulations to all winners of the 2021 Excellence Awards.
Thank you to all our sponsors for making WBE Canada’s 2021 Annual Conference and Excellence Awards a huge success and unforgettable experience. Being able to bring our communities together and share in vital education, knowledge sharing, thought leadership, networking and important conversations, while continuing to remain safe and healthy, is integral in helping us all to “Move Forward Together” and “Driving Change through Supplier Diversity”.
About WBE Canada
WBE Canada is a Canadian non-profit organization that is opening doors for women-owned businesses to supply chains across North America. It certifies Canadian firms that are at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by women and introduces them to opportunities with corporations. To learn more about how we support women-owned businesses, click here. If you are a mid-size or large company looking to support women-owned businesses through procurement opportunities, we want to hear from you. Click here to learn more about how you can get involved.