TORONTO, ON. November 30th, 2018
WBE Canada is thrilled to announce that Staples Promotional Products is their newest corporate member. With over 65 years of experience, Staples prides itself as the top promotional products distributor in North America.
As a WBE Canada Corporate Member, Staples Promotional Products is committed to supporting Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs) by providing equal access to procurement opportunities. WBE Canada Corporate Members represent organizations committed to buying from diverse suppliers, specifically from women-owned businesses. WBE Canada provides corporations with the tools and resources they need to start or develop a Supplier Diversity Program.
“Staples Promotional Product’s membership with WBE Canada recognizes their commitment to community engagement by expanding opportunities for women-led businesses,” said Silvia Pencak, President of WBE Canada. “Supplier diversity is a very important step in the right direction for large corporations as it increases innovation and drives greater value throughout the organization and for the customers. I am pleased to see North American companies like Staples Promotional Products to support Canadian women entrepreneurs. We look forward to supporting their objectives.”
About Staples Promotional Products
Staples Promotional Products (SPP) is an unprecedented 11-time winner of the Distributor of the Year Award by the Promotional Products Professionals of Canada (PPPC), and the highest-ranking distributor on the North American Top 40 list. Some of the world’s best-known brands trust them to design and deliver their promotional merchandise solutions.
About WBE Canada
WBE Canada certifies majority-owned, managed, and controlled women’s businesses and facilitates opportunities for them to meet buyers and get access to corporate and government contracts as part of supplier diversity programs.
WBE Canada works closely with corporations, government and non-profit organizations across North America who have demonstrated interest in supporting Canadian women-owned businesses through their supply chains (supplier diversity).
WBE Canada provides a range of programs and services to assist WBEs and Corporate Members in better accessing business opportunities. These include training and education sessions, an annual conference, workshops and webinars, mentoring programs and networking events with like-minded businesswomen and corporate members.
Becoming a WBE Canada Corporate Member has numerous benefits:
- Expand your sourcing options with access to the WBE Canada online database of women suppliers
- From conferences and webinars to matchmaking sessions, build relationships with innovative Women’s Business Enterprises
- Improve your metrics by tracking your women’s business enterprise spending and utilization rates through our system
- Showcase corporate social responsibility by demonstrating your global leadership in promoting economic growth through women
- Boost brand appreciation with women consumers, who make or influence 85% of the purchasing decisions in households
- Reinforce PR efforts as a supporter of women-owned businesses in WBE Canada’s marketing materials and media exposure
- And more…
President, WBE Canada