2020 SAC Applications Are Open!
For immediate release
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) is opening applications for its Supplier Advisory Committee (SAC). WBE Canada Certified WBEs are eligible for this post if their business has been WBE certified for more than 1 year. SAC currently has 4 members, all of them will continue working on the committee in 2021. We are opening 7 more seats for 2021, bringing us to a total of 11 committee members.
Members of SAC are a voice of the WBE community advising the President and Board of Directors on strategic initiatives such as events and programs.
- Work closely with other WBEs
- Have your name and business featured on our website with a link to yours
- Give your feedback on WBE initiatives
- Spearhead new initiatives supporting the WBE Community
- Help support WBE community during New WBE orientation webinars and WBE Meetups
- Help form the future of women-owned businesses in Canada and their access to supply chains across North America
Would you like to be a voice for women business enterprises across Canada?
We encourage the following Certified WBE representatives to apply:
- Event planning
- Maritime/NL and Western provinces
Criteria to apply:
- Business you represent must be WBE Canada certified for more than 1 calendar year and in good standing
- If you are not an owner of the business, you must hold a C-level position with the company and provide a written approval from the business owner
- You cannot be in an advisory role with any other supplier diversity council operating in Canada
- This is a volunteer role
- If elected you agree to be an active SAC Member for two (2) years, with the possibility of a one (1) year extension
- SAC meets remotely once a month for 1 hour
- Each SAC member will be expected to participate in hands-on work in an assigned subcommittee and be responsible to interact with the Certified WBE community. Including additional time contributing to a working committee, your total time commitment will be about 5-7 hours a month.
- SAC members divide responsibilities to support WBE Canada community at events and virtual meetups
WBE Canada is committed to serving the evolving needs of our community of certified WBEs. Your participation at the governance level is essential to ensure the organization is able to move forward with purpose and integrity.
- September 9 – October 7 – SAC Application submissions
- October 14 – November 11 – SAC Election (open to all certified WBEs)
- November 25 – Results announced
- December 2 – New SAC Member Onboarding & SAC Meeting
We look forward to your involvement!
Supplier Advisory Committee & WBE Canada Team
PS: If you have additional questions about SAC, email Michelle Bianchi.