1. Who are WBE Canada’s Corporate Members?
2. Who is eligible to join?
3. What is the value of a WBE Canada Corporate Membership?
4. What are the commitments required of members?
- Identify opportunities to increase your organization’s procurement from Women Business Enterprises.
- Identify opportunities to increase awareness of the availability of women-owned businesses as suppliers.
- Support and promote WBE Canada’s vision and mission.
- Report on procurement spend with certified Women Business Enterprises.
- Participate in and support WBE Canada with networking events and programs where applicable.
- Leverage the WBE Canada Database for its intended use of sourcing goods and services.
- Remit membership dues annually.
5. How can my company get more involved with women-owned businesses?
6. What is the certification process and how do I know it is reliable?
WBE Canada provides a national standard for the certification of women-owned companies. Our professional staff implements this standard while processing the applications and trained volunteers at Certification Committee evaluate each application to ensure that our standards are met.Each application is reviewed through a thorough process to confirm that business is 51% or more owned, managed and controlled by women. All applications that are not compliant are denied. Each successful applicant is issued a certificate to confirm the compliance with our policies.
To ensure that our database is current, certified WBEs undergo annual recertification process to confirm that they continue to meet our standards. You can rest assured that businesses with valid WBE Canada certificate are truly women-owned.