WBE Canada uses Zoom technology for all our webinars. Following is the information and resources designed to help you enjoy your webinar experience.
Downloading Zoom – Click here for the latest Zoom version.
System requirements for PC, Mac and Linux:
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or an HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in
- Or, an HD cam or HD camcorder with video capture card
- Windows: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
*For more information on supported browsers and bandwidth requirements or for any other system related support, click here.
Supported tablet and mobile devices:
- Surface PRO 2 running Win 8.1
- Surface PRO 3 running Win 10
- iOS and Android devices
- Blackberry devices
Joining a meeting or webinar
Once you are all set up and have figured out what device you will be using for the webinar, you are now ready to join in. As an attendee, you can mute/unmute your audio, virtually raise your hand, and send messages to others.
Joining through an invitation link: To join a meeting or a webinar through a link, you will simply need to click on the URL you would have received in your registration confirmation email.
Joining manually: Sign in to your Zoom Desktop Client or Mobile App. Click or tap Join a Meeting. Each meeting has a unique 9, 10, or 11-digit number called a meeting ID that will be required to join a Zoom meeting. You would have received this ID as part of your email confirmation for the webinar. You will be also asked to enter your display name, which would ideally be your name or the name of your organization that you are representing.
Joining via phone: Dial in the number provided to you in confirmation email. When prompted, enter meeting ID.
For more call-in instructions click here.
*Remember to join the webinar on time. This means that you should be ready to join at least 10 minutes prior to the start time of the webinar.
Tips for webinar attendees
- Remember to always test the webinar link before the webinar starts. You won’t be able to join the meeting, but you should get an idea of whether you’ll need other software or do any last minute technical fixes.
- If your webinar allows video, ensure that you are dressed properly – as you would if going for an actual conference or a meeting. Try and have your background suitable for a webinar and make sure you are in a separate room, away from any distractions and with zero background noise!
- When we open the phone or computer audio lines to let audience speak, keep your phone/microphone muted whenever you are not speaking. This helps avoid unwanted background noises that can distract other participants. And never push the “HOLD” button on your phone. That often plays music over the line, which can be a major distraction!
- It is important to be an active participant. Respond to questions, provide your input to polling questions and don’t hesitate to make suggestions by writing what you would like to hear more about. Let the presenter know that you are interested and engaged!
- WBE Canada webinars are designed for you to get information, get answers to your questions and connect with other attendees. Keep in mind that you might not be the only one with questions. Be respectful – ask the presenter if it’s OK to ask another question rather than assuming it is and keep your contributions/comments helpful and considerate of the host and other participants.
- It can be very hard for us as a host to tell how the experience was from the audience viewpoint. Help us improve our webinars to better match your needs and preferences by letting us know what worked well and what didn’t work for you. Were there audio problems? Would you prefer longer or shorter webinars in the future? Are there additional topics you would like to see them cover? Feedback always helps!
To provide feedback or ask additional questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org