WBE Impact: BC
February 28, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 3:30 pm PST
Save the Date!
Registration opens January 9th, 2019
WBE Impact events are designed to be a resource to propel women-owned businesses to succeed and to create a greater impact in their communities.
The Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) will bring together certified women owned businesses, corporate and government supplier diversity and procurement professionals. This event will address the needs of emerging and established business owners.
This is an opportunity for exceptional networking, learning and professional development. Features are WBE 2 WBE introductions and Meet the Buyers (large corporations). This is an exceptional opportunity for WBE Canada certified women owned businesses to leverage their certification.
Join us at our first WBE Impact event in Vancouver, BC this February as we aim to connect our community of WBEs and encourage conversations between women-owned businesses and corporate/government buyers.
- Build meaningful relationships with purchasing representatives and women business owners
- Experience the impressive network of corporations and organizations that partner with WBE Canada
- Attend valuable workshops that will address the challenges women face in building and growing a B2B business
- Meet one-on-one with corporate buyers at the “Meet the Buyer” session (certified WBEs only)
- Complete 6 months of sales prospecting in a one day
Who Should Attend
- WBE Canada Certified Women Owned Business
- Supplier diversity and purchasing representatives of corporations and government entities
- Partners of WBE Canada
- Women who are interested in strategic business and developing professional business relationships
Certified WBEs start:
8:30 – 9:00 am – Certified WBE Registration/Networking
9:00 – 11:00 am – Certified WBE Closed-Door Breakfast Meeting (WBE Canada certification required)
Partners, Corporate Members and non-certified WBEs start:
11:00 – 11:30 am – Registration / Networking
11:30 – 12:25 pm – Supplier Diversity Forum
12:25 – 12:45 pm – Lunch
12:45 – 1:35 pm – Keynote
1:35 – 3:15 pm – Meet the Buyer
3:15 – 3:30 pm – Wrap Up
Women’s Enterprise Centre is a non-profit organization devoted to helping BC women launch, lead and scale their own businesses. Our full range of services includes business loans up to $150K, with access to an additional $100K through a new partnership with BDC. We also provide business advice, skills training, mentoring, resources and a supportive community to help women entrepreneurs realize their business potential.
GroYourBiz™ is a membership organization offering peer business advisory boards for women entrepreneurs who want to take their business to the next level. GroYourBiz™ provides a tactical and proven method to providing support for growth-oriented women business owners through MyBusinessMyBoardTM Advisory Board. The program is open to women business owners who have everyday responsibilities for their business and who demonstrate a readiness and commitment to take their business to the next level.