- This event has passed.
Ontario Businesses: New Exporters of Technologies and Services to the U.S. (NETSUS) Webinar
March 24, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm EDT
The Ontario government, in partnership with the Trade Commissioner Service, has developed a new exporter preparation session designed specifically for Ontario technology and services companies interested in or in early stages of exporting to the United States. This free webinar will be on March 24, 2022 from 9AM – 12:30PM.
The New Exporters of Technologies and Services to the United States (NETSUS) Program builds on an ever-popular New Exporters to Border States (NEBS) Program, which has been helping Ontario companies learn about selling physical product across the border for over 30 years. Company participants in this new NETSUS program will hear from experts and get to ask questions on topics related to selling non-physical products and services to the U.S. including:
- Provincial and Federal programs and services
- CUSMA and cross-border trade of technologies and services
- Managing Intellectual Property (IP): critical importance of protecting IP while safely selling technology and services to the U.S., including how to secure and protect patents, trademarks, industrial design, etc.
- Taxation on technology and services sales
- Immigration considerations (work permits, visas, etc.)
- Standards and certifications