- This event has passed.
Meet the Buyer: RBC
May 12 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
This LIVE virtual event is for certified WBEs, other certified suppliers and businesses considering certification who want to learn about how to do business with the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), one of our Corporate Members. Bring your questions, we’ll have lines open for conversations.
This 1.5-hour online webinar is an excellent way for women entrepreneurs and diverse businesses to learn more about RBC and their supplier diversity program and procurement needs.
Why should you attend?
We will focus on the following topics:
- RBC information and brief background
- Supplier Diversity policy or guidelines
- Procurement processes
- Categories they purchase
- Information on working with Tier 1 and Tier 2 vendors (if applicable)
- Best way to connect and contact information
- How to best follow up
- Special programs or opportunities available to diverse suppliers
- Tips, best practices, success stories
- Live Q&A
- Can’t join us LIVE? No problem! Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime between now and 1 day prior to the call. Call will be recorded and available in our online library – Tools for Growth!
Certification has its benefits!
This webinar is open to certified WBEs, other certified suppliers and businesses considering certification. Webinars are free but participants must register in advance.
This webinar is open to our Certified WBEs
Meet the Presenters
Senior Manager, Global IT Procurement
RBC Royal Bank
Dhimiter Pema is an internationally experienced professional with 22 years of experience in business management, legal advisory and financial services developing strategies that have generated revenue and profit growth.
After moving to Canada in 2011 Dhimiter pursued the Global Professional Master of Laws in Business Law at University of Toronto and since than has continued to work in the Financial Industry where he has held different positions at RBC and BMO, focused on AML, Due Diligence, Governance at RBC Investor and Treasury Services, RBC Group Risk Management for Wealth Management Compliance and RBC Procurement.
Director, Global IT Procurement
RBC Royal Bank
After project management and client account management work in commercial IT applications and network performance in the UK, Ian moved to Canada and focussed on IT project management and IT Department management for a variety of companies including CIBC, the TTC Sheppard Subway construction project, and engineering firms.
Since 2006 Ian has specialized in Procurement for financial institutions, including Invesco Trimark, Sun Life and RBC. He has enjoyed 11 years with RBC’s Procurement department where his team is primarily responsible for procurements of products and services for RBCs IT groups: Cyber Security, Digital and Payments Processing.
Associate Director, Global Procurement Strategy & Supplier Inclusion
RBC Royal Bank
In her current role at RBC, Jessica works with a team of Procurement Professionals, across the globe, leading programs such as Supplier Diversity, Learning & Development, and manages the governance process for a variety of Global Procurement Policies and Procedures.
Jessica firmly believes that inclusive procurement practices strengthen local economies, forge new business opportunities and create value for communities. Her goal is to advance equality of opportunity for women, BIPOC, LGBT+, people with disabilities, service-disabled and veteran-owned businesses by promoting an inclusive supply chain and levelling the playing field for diverse suppliers.
- May 12
- 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- business, business growth, business strategies, buyer, certification, corporate member, corporate social responsibility, event, finance, financial sector, financing, RBC, supplier, training, wbe, WBE Canada, WBE Canada certification, WBE Community, webinar, women entrepreneurs, women-owned business
- Online Event
- WBE Canada
- View Organizer Website