Grow Your Business in the European Union with CETA
December 2 - December 4
Target Audience: Canadian export-ready companies, especially SMEs, who are: not yet exporting their products or services to the EU but are interested in doing so; or already exporting their products or services to the EU but are looking to expand their business.
Sector: Aerospace, Agriculture and processed foods, Arts and cultural industries, Automotive, Chemicals, Clean technologies, Consumer products, Defence and security, Education, Financial and insurance services, Fish and seafood, Forestry and wood products, Industrial machinery, Information and communications technologies, Infrastructure, Investment, Life sciences, Mining, Ocean technologies, Oil and gas, Professional services, Tourism, Transportation, Wine, beer and spirits.
Join us in exploring why the European Union (EU) is a market of tremendous opportunity at this virtual seminar on the Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA)!
The EU is one of the largest economies in the world and Canada’s second-largest trading partner. With its dynamic and diverse market of 450+ million affluent consumers, it is a major importer of goods and services which provides ample opportunities for Canadian businesses. Thanks to CETA, you can leverage preferential access and reduced barriers to trade across this market to help you achieve your business goals.
CETA is an ambitious and inclusive free trade agreement (FTA) that covers virtually all sectors and aspects of Canada-EU trade. Its broad scope offers a full range of benefits and advantages for Canadian businesses like yours in a wide range of sectors, which can help you edge out the competition. FTAs, like CETA, are now more important than ever in advancing businesses’ recovery during COVID-19 and in helping small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) grow their businesses globally.
Join the Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business, Export Promotion and International Trade, in this virtual seminar to learn about opportunities in this exciting market and how the Trade Commissioner Service (TCS) can help you navigate the real benefits of CETA for your business during these challenging times.
- Day 1: December 2, 2020 (12:00 – 16:00 EST)
- Keynote address by the Honourable Mary Ng, Minister of Small Business Export Promotion and International Trade
- Guest speaker, Christian Bergsmueller, Acting Head of the EU Delegation
- Canadian business champions panel
- How to take advantage of CETA in the EU
- EU market opportunities and challenges for Canadian businesses
- Day 2: December 3, 2020 (11:00 – 16:00 EST)
- Funding and insurance
- Government procurement in the EU
- Finding your way through claiming preferential tariffs
- The nuts and bolts of shipping your products to the EU
- Selling online in the EU
- Day 3: December 4, 2020 (11:00 – 17:00 EST)
- Refining a strategy for new and novice exporters
- Opportunities for Canadian women exporters in the EU
- Sector review: Agriculture & agri-food, Cleantech, Automotive, Information & communications technology (ICT), Consumer goods, Pharmaceuticals & medical devices (digital health)