- This event has passed.
Doing Business With the City of Brampton
December 10, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EST
In line with Brampton City Council’s priorities of creating more opportunities and embedding diversity in our operations, the City is developing a Supply Chain Diversity program for launch in Spring 2021.
We are embedding supplier diversity as part of the City’s Invitational Procurement process ($25,000 to $100,000). Suppliers who would like to participate in this program will have to be certified as a diverse supplier through established non-profit Supplier Certification Organizations such as:
- Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) - https://wbecanada.ca/
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council - https://www.camsc.ca/
- Canadian Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce - https://www.cglcc.ca/
- Inclusive Workplace Supply Council of Canada - http://iwscc.ca/
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business - https://www.ccab.com/
- Buy Social Canada - https://www.buysocialcanada.com/
Note: Some membership fees may apply. Contact the certification organizations directly for more information.
If you have an existing bids&tenders Vendor account:
We have recently updated the Vendor Registration page on bids&tenders to now include details of whether your organization is considered a Certified Diverse Supplier. In preparation for the launch of the Supply Chain Diversity program in 2021, we ask that you update your Vendor Account by December 31, 2020.
If you do not have a bids&tenders Vendor account:
The City of Brampton launched bids&tenders eProcurement platform back in May 2017. This platform will allow a vendor to not only review and download bid documents but also send questions and submit bids online in a convenient way, accessible 24/7. To create a free Vendor Account click here.
To learn more about how to do business with the City and how supplier diversity will be embedded as part of the City’s Invitational Procurement Process join us for our upcoming virtual training sessions.
- December 8th at 10 am
- December 10th at 10 am
- December 10, 2020
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am EST
- Event Categories:
- Certified WBE, Pathfinder, Public, Training & Development
- Event Tags:
- procurement, social procurement, supplier diversity, supply chain, women-owned business
Leave a Comment