- This event has passed.
Diversifying the Federal Supply Chain Summit
April 4 - April 5
Join us for the Office of the Procurement Ombudsman’s 5th annual Diversifying the Federal Supply Chain Summit. This virtual Summit aims to promote federal contracting opportunities for underrepresented groups including Indigenous Peoples, Black and racialized Canadians, women, 2SLGBTQI+ Canadians, persons with disabilities, and others.
Designed to increase the diversity of the federal procurement supply chain, the 2 day Summit will:
- Provide you with practical skills needed to win federal government contracts
- Introduce you to key thought leaders and knowledgeable speakers
- Connect you with representatives from the Government of Canada, supplier council programs, and others who can help your business
All times are in Eastern Time.
Day 1 – April 4, 2023
- 11:00 am – 11:10 am—Opening address by Elder
- 11:10 am – 11:20 am—Welcome by MC and opening remarks by Procurement Ombudsman
- 11:20 am – 11:40 am—Keynote address by The Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson
- 11:40 am – 11:55 am—Recorded remarks by The Honourable Helena Jaczek, Minister of Public Services and Procurement Canada
- 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm—Lightning round by Government of Canada’s organizations on the various services offered to businesses across Canada
- 12:45 pm – 1:10 pm—Health break
- 1:10 pm – 2:20 pm—Update on Public Services and Procurement Canada’s policies and initiatives:
- Social procurement policy
- Accessible procurement
- Procurement Assistance Canada (PAC) Coaching services
- 2:20 pm – 3:15 pm—Panel discussion by supplier councils
- 3:30 pm – 4:10 pm—Concurrent Breakout sessions
- Breakout session 1—Funding for your business
- Breakout session 2—Security clearances
- 4:10 pm – 4:30 pm—Brief presentation by the Office of the Procurement Ombudsman
Day 2 – April 5, 2023
- 1:00 pm – 1:25 pm—Welcoming remarks by MC and Deputy Procurement Ombudsman
- 1:25 pm – 2:25 pm—Workshop: Procurement Assistance Canada—Doing Business with the Government of Canada
- 2:25 pm – 2:30 pm—Closing Remarks by Procurement Ombudsman and Closing Address by Elder
- 2:30 pm – 2:35 pm—Health break
- 2:35 pm – 4:00 pm—Speed mentoring sessions
Free via Zoom (with other options to join). Simultaneous and sign language interpretation, as well as closed-captioning will be available.
The Office of the Procurement Ombudsman (OPO) is a neutral and independent organization of the Government of Canada that helps resolve contracting disputes between businesses and the federal government. Learn more about OPO