- This event has passed.
Crushing it On-Camera + Showing Up with Authority
October 5 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm EDT
This event is FREE for Certified WBEs with an early bird ticket to WBE Canada’s 2021 Annual Conference.
The pandemic has shifted the way we work and it is shining a spotlight on the skills we need to communicate effectively in the virtual space. We can no longer rely on in-person interactions to help us “read the room” and ensure our message is landing how we intend it to. The Crushing it On-Camera and Showing up with Authority workshop is designed to help women develop the skills needed to connect with their peers, teams, clients and stakeholders in the virtual space.
Who needs presentation and on
- Everyone who had their work and business impacted by the pandemic and had to shift communications online (and this is your new reality for the foreseeable future)
- Women who connect and meet with their clients, peers, their teams and other stakeholders virtually daily, weekly or monthly
- Women who recognize that by optimizing their presentation and on-camera skills they can connect more effectively with their audiences and they can increase opportunities for themselves
What you will learn in a 90 minute group workshop with Jennifer:
- Strategies for building confidence in front of the camera and silencing your inner critic
- How to implement the rule of three in storytelling so that you can increase engagement and make an impact whether you are communicating one-on-one or with 100 people
- How to polish your on-camera image so that it doesn’t distract from your message (hair, makeup, clothes and jewellery that work best for on-camera)
- Technical aspects of setting up your camera and lights
- On-camera performance tips including pace, inflection, filler words and eye contact
- And more
*Exclusively for our Certified WBEs and Tools For Growth community
This session will NOT be made available to those who don’t attend.
Meet the Speaker
Jennifer Singh is a former TV reporter turned entrepreneur, speaker and CEO of She’s Newsworthy Media. Before entrepreneurship Jennifer worked in the Canadian media industry for over 15 years as a reporter, producer and writer for CTV, CBC, Global and CP24. She founded She’s Newsworthy Media to help amplify the voices of women because their expertise is underrepresented. In five years she has helped over 50 women land media spots on all the most popular TV and radio shows. Jennifer has also been featured in the Toronto Star and on CBC Radio, Global News and CTV speaking about imposter syndrome, women in business and the need for more inclusive marketing. In 2021 Jennifer was featured in a national campaign for International Women’s Day in partnership with Mercedes-Benz Canada and Pink Tartan.