- This event has passed.
Breakfast with Brands®: Cross-Border Connection
March 21, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am CDT
WBE Canada’s Breakfast with Brands events are designed to be educational and informative, providing greater access to procurement networks for women-owned businesses looking to succeed in corporate supply chains. Our Cross-Border Connection event is run in sync with WBENC’s National Conference (March 21-23) and is designed to connect Canadian women-owned businesses to US corporate buyers. Some Canadian buyers join us as well.
The Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) will bring together women owned businesses, corporate and government supplier diversity and procurement professionals. This event will address the needs of emerging and established business owners.
This is an opportunity for exceptional B2B networking. WBE Canada certified women owned businesses get to leverage their certification and women-owned businesses new to supplier diversity to discover its benefits and potential.
- Build meaningful relationships with purchasing representatives and women-owned businesses
- Experience the impressive network of corporations and organizations that partner with WBE Canada
- Meet one-on-one with corporate buyers during “Meet the Buyer” roundtables
- Complete six months of sales prospecting in one day
Who Should Attend
- WBE Canada Certified Women-Owned Businesses
- Supplier diversity and purchasing representatives of corporations and government entities looking to diversify their supply chain and buy from Canadian women-owned businesses
- WBE Canada’s Partner organizations
- Women who are interested in strategic business partnerships and developing professional business relationships in the US
- 8:00 – 8:30 am – Registration & Networking (Breakfast included)
- 8:30 – 8:40 am – Welcome & Opening Remarks by Silvia Pencak, President & CEO, WBE Canada
- 8:40 – 8:50 am – Sponsor Remarks
- 8:50 – 10:20 am – Meet the Buyer: Sourcing Roundtables
- 10:20 – 10:30 am – Closing Remarks & Wrap Up
To display the list in two columns, you can use the HTML “column-count” property. Here’s how you can modify the code:
- Lear Corporation
- More to be confirmed
Questions? Email our Events Team.
Meet the Speaker
Chief Trade Commissioner of Canada and Assistant Deputy Minister, International Business Development
A senior government executive with 28 years of public service, Ms. Wilshaw is currently Chief Trade Commissioner and Assistant Deputy Minister at Global Affairs Canada. She leads a global team that helps Canadian businesses explore international markets, find new customers and partners, problem solve and promote growth through exports. (www.tradecommissioner.gc.ca). Sara also leads work across global trade support services including export finance, foreign investment, recruitment of international students and responsible business conduct.
Prior to this, Sara served as Director of Operations, Foreign and Defence Policy Secretariat at the Privy Council Office. In this role she provided strategic analysis on matters concerning Canada-U.S. relations, Latin America, trade, climate change, human rights and the United Nations.
Sara’s experience on Canada-U.S. relations also includes as Director General for North America at Global Affairs Canada during the renegotiation of NAFTA, and as Canada’s Consul General in Dallas. She has also served abroad as Minister Commercial at the High Commission of Canada in India, at Canada’s Permanent Mission to the World Trade Organization in Geneva, and at the Embassy of Canada in Japan.
Ms. Wilshaw is a graduate of York University’s International Relations and Economics program. She is married and has two children.