- This event has passed.
Breakfast with Brands: Financial Industry
March 5, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am EST
WBE Canada’s Breakfast with BrandsTM events are educational, informative and provide greater access to procurement networks for women-owned businesses looking to succeed in corporate supply chains.
2020’s Breakfast with Brands series kicks off March 5th as The Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) brings together certified women-owned businesses and buyers from WBE Canada Corporate Member organizations in the financial sector and their Tier 1 suppliers. This event will address the needs of emerging and established business owners and offer an opportunity for exceptional networking, learning and professional development.
Join us for Breakfast with BrandsTM: Financial Industry at The Metro Toronto Convention Centre, March 5, 2020, 8:00 – 11:30am as we facilitate connections and conversations between women-owned businesses and corporate/government buyers.
8:00 – 8:45am – Registration & Networking (Breakfast included)
8:45 – 8:55am – Welcome & Opening Remarks – Silvia Pencak & Natalie Marchesan
8:55 – 9:15am – Panel Discussion
9:15 – 9:25am – Introduction to Round Tables
9:25 – 11:20am – Meet the Buyer: Sourcing Round Tables
11:20am – 11:30am – Wrap-Up
This event is open exclusively to WBE Canada Certified women-owned businesses as well as other certified suppliers. Our Corporate Members are bringing 2-4 buyers each to this closed-door event to grow supplier diversity awareness across the organization and encourage introductions and connections between buyers and certified WBEs.
Global Head of Procurement, RBC Royal Bank
Natalie Marchesan joined RBC in 2018 as Global Head, Procurement where she leads a team responsible for all strategic sourcing activities associated with $8 Billion of spend. Before joining RBC, Natalie was a Vice President at TELUS where she held many executive roles including Procurement, Customer Solutions Delivery for British Columbia, and Technology Infrastructure Capital Management.
Confirmed Corporate Members attending this event:
What Are They Looking For:
- Large suppliers with capability to become Tier 1 to the banks
- Event support – florists, catering, photographers, etc.
- Support for financial departments
- Products – especially innovative, sustainable products to be used as promotional products
- Unique high-end products (for awards or gifts)
- Construction, building maintenance and cleaning services
- Innovative IT solutions and support
- HR – especially training and speaking
- And much more…
- Build meaningful relationships with purchasing representatives and women business owners
- Experience the impressive network of corporations that partner with WBE Canada
- Meet face-to-face with corporate category buyers in financial industry at the “Meet the Buyer” session
- Complete 6 months of sales prospecting in one day
Who Should Attend
- WBE Canada Certified Women Owned Businesses
- Other Canadian certified businesses (verified by Canadian Councils – CAMSC, CCAB, CGLCC, IWSCC)
- Supplier diversity and purchasing representatives of our Corporate Member organizations in the financial industry
Are you a Supplier certified with different Council? Bookmark this page – we will open registration in February (space permitting).
We look forward to seeing you there!
WBE Canada Team