Last update: July 24, 2020
WBE Canada is collecting important resources for Canadian WBEs to support you during the COVID-19 crisis. Check back as this list will be updated on an ongoing basis.
- Tender opportunity – The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) –Emergency Services Depot has posted a requirement for the supply and delivery of sharp containers for COVID-19 on Buyandsell.gc.ca. The sharp containers must be made in accordance with specifications listed in the Request for Proposal. This opportunity closes on July 29, 2020 at 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time. For full details on this requirement, please read the Tender Notice Sharp Containers (6D024-202341/C) .
- Tender opportunity – The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) – Emergency Services Depot has posted a requirement for the supply and delivery of various vaccines consumables for COVID-19 on Buyandsell.gc.ca. The vaccination consumables must be made in accordance specifications listed in the Request for Proposal. This opportunity closes on July 29, 2020 at 14:00 Eastern Daylight Time. For full details on this requirement, please read the Tender Notice Vaccines Consumables 6D024-202341/B .
- Government of Canada – Information for manufacturers of hard-surface disinfectants and hand sanitizers
- Ontario Government – Supply emergency products
- Ontario Government – Supply innovative approaches to fight COVID-19
- Ontario Government – Submit products, solutions or services to fight COVID-19
- Opportunities through WBE Canada (reserved for Certified WBEs) – Hand sanitizers, toilet paper, protective gowns, masks & gloves, cleaning supplies, IT support, and more – contact Michelle Bianchi to let her know your capabilities.
- Additional opportunities are posted in Certified WBE LinkedIn group on an ongoing basis.
- As of August 2020, procurement opportunities are posted in WBE Canada Toolbox
Resources for reopening
Getting ready for reopening? Here are some resources to help you safely reopen:
- Public health guidance for SMEs
- Guidance for workplaces and businesses operating during COVID-19
- Prevention infographics, posters and resources
- Organizations buying and selling personal protective equipment
- 5 ways to protect yourself from COVID-19 scams
- Staying Cyber-Healthy During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Cyber Security for Small and Medium Organizations
- Cybersecurity tips on how to spot a scam, protect your online accounts and devices, and other tips to ward off cyber threats
- Canadian Business Resilience Network – Toolkit for Reopening Canada’s Economy
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – Reopening for Business Tip Sheet
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – Preventing Stigma in the Workplace
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – COVID-19 Screening Tool
- Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety – COVID-19: Tools for helping workplaces prevent the spread and reopen for business
- Ontario – Resources to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace
- Ontario – Framework for reopening the province
- Canada.ca/Coronavirus is the government’s page for all COVID19 resources—for individuals as well as businesses, and you can check out the managing your business during COVID-19 page for information specific to business. There, you will also find links to jurisdiction-specific workplace guidance and tools from your province or territory.
- Looking for financial help and business supports? Check out COVID-related government supports for business and hundreds of other programs and services on the online business benefits finder at innovation.canada.ca.