About WBE Canada
WBE Canada (Women Business Enterprises Canada Council) is a Canadian non-profit organization that is opening doors for Canadian women-owned businesses to corporate and government supply chains.
Founded by corporations to provide certification services for their supplier diversity programs, WBE Canada certifies, supports and promotes Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs) who provide products or services to corporations and government organizations.
We represent Canadian Women Enterprises (WBEs) that are changing supply chains around the globe.
Our WBEs represent some of the most successful suppliers and innovators Canada has to offer. Our mandate is to build connections between Canadian women-owned businesses and corporate/government buyers and ensure that existing barriers are removed and supply chains are more diverse and inclusive.
Empowered women-owned businesses with equal access within corporate and public procurement.
To advance economic growth across Canada through certification, promotion and development of women-owned businesses.
Innovation | Integrity | Collaboration | Impact
WBE Canada is the bridge between corporate and public procurement and Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs). As a quality third-party certifier of businesses owned, managed, and controlled by women, we have been connecting them to corporate supply chains since 2009. We focus on building relationships, facilitating knowledge transfer and driving economic growth.
WBE CANADA SUPPORTS WOMEN BUSINESS ENTERPRISES (WBEs)
- WBE Certification – WBE Canada certifies Canadian businesses that are at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by women and introduces them to opportunities with both private and public organizations. WBE Canada has the largest database of Canadian women-owned businesses. Our WBEs span across a variety of industries, purchasing categories, sizes and geographic locations.
- WBE Development – In addition to certification, WBE Canada delivers education, training, coaching and mentoring programs that ramp up the capacity of women business owners to bid successfully on large procurement opportunities. This support contributes to significant growth for women-owned businesses.
- WBE Network – The organization also facilitates the building of strong networks for women by connecting them both with procurement officers of top corporations and government organizations and with other certified firms in order to enhance their bidding capacity.
WBE CANADA SUPPORTS BUYERS
- Supplier Diversity Program Support – WBE Canada also provides training, programs, tools and resources to help its members develop and evolve supplier diversity initiatives.
- WBE Database – WBE Canada maintains the database of Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs) and ensures that only eligible businesses are included in the database at any given time. Our WBE Database is the largest database of certified diverse businesses in Canada.
- Connections with WBEs – WBE Canada enables connections between Canadian women-owned businesses and corporate/government buyers through its events, networking & matchmaking opportunities and more.
WBE CANADA CREATES STRONG PARTNERSHIPS
- Associate Partners – WBE Canada unites Canada’s Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), governments, corporate leaders, and communities to enable economic prosperity across Canada. We are proud to have strong partners across a variety of industries, geographical areas and interests. We collaborate with individuals and organizations who are passionate about empowering and supporting the success of Canadian WBEs.
- Sponsors – WBE Canada works closely with its sponsors to ensure high value programming and events while providing great brand recognition for its sponsors and partners.
- Media Partners – Our media partners play a significant role in promoting supplier diversity and Canadian women-owned businesses in Canada and abroad.