MEET WBE CANADA
Support for Women Business Enterprises (WBEs)
Support for Corporate & Government Supplier Diversity initiatives
Creating strong Partnerships
Women Business Enterprises Canada Council (WBE Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization that is opening doors for Canadian women-owned businesses to supply chains across Canada, North America and globally.
Founded by corporations to provide certification services for their supplier diversity programs, WBE Canada certifies, supports and promotes Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs) who provide products or services to corporations and government organizations.
We represent Canadian Women Enterprises (WBEs) that are changing supply chains around the globe.
Our WBEs represent some of the most successful suppliers and innovators Canada has to offer. Our mandate is to build connections between Canadian women-owned businesses and corporate/government buyers and ensure that existing barriers are removed and supply chains are more diverse and inclusive.
Empowered women-owned businesses with equal access within corporate and public procurement.
To advance economic growth across Canada through certification, development and promotion of women-owned businesses.
WBE Canada is the bridge between corporate and public procurement and Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs). As a quality third-party certifier of businesses owned, managed, and controlled by women, we have been connecting them to corporate supply chains since 2009. We focus on building relationships, facilitating knowledge transfer and driving economic growth.
- Supplier Diversity Program Support - WBE Canada also provides training, programs, tools and resources to help its members develop and evolve supplier diversity initiatives.
- WBE Database - WBE Canada maintains the database of Canadian Women Business Enterprises (WBEs) and ensures that only eligible businesses are included in the database at any given time. Our WBE Database is the largest database of certified diverse businesses in Canada.
- Connections with WBEs - WBE Canada enables connections between Canadian women-owned businesses and corporate/government buyers through its events, networking & matchmaking opportunities and more.
SUPPORTING WOMEN BUSINESS ENTERPRISES
- WBE Certification - WBE Canada certifies Canadian businesses that are at least 51% owned, managed and controlled by women and introduces them to opportunities with both private and public organizations. WBE Canada has the largest database of Canadian women-owned businesses. Our WBEs span across a variety of industries, purchasing categories, sizes and geographic locations.
- WBE Development - In addition to certification, WBE Canada delivers education, training, coaching and mentoring programs that ramp up the capacity of women business owners to bid successfully on large procurement opportunities. This support contributes to significant growth for women-owned businesses.
- WBE Network - The organization also facilitates the building of strong networks for women by connecting them both with procurement officers of top corporations and government organizations and with other certified firms in order to enhance their bidding capacity.
CREATING STRONG PARTNERSHIPS
- Associate Partners - WBE Canada unites Canada's Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), governments, corporate leaders, and communities to enable economic prosperity across Canada. We are proud to have strong partners across a variety of industries, geographical areas and interests. We collaborate with individuals and organizations who are passionate about empowering and supporting the success of Canadian WBEs.
- Sponsors - WBE Canada works closely with its sponsors to ensure high value programming and events while providing great brand recognition for its sponsors and partners.
- Media Partners - Our media partners play a significant role in promoting supplier diversity and Canadian women-owned businesses in Canada and abroad.
Meet Our Team
President & CEO
VP Operations & Finance
WBE Community Lead
Manager, Corporate Membership
Manager, Marketing & Communications
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
WBE Canada is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors representing Corporate Members and Certified WBE (Women Business Enterprises) community. Our Board of Directors is instrumental in charting the strategic direction of WBE Canada.
Senior Manager, Supplier Inclusion and Diversity
Chair, Nomination Committee
Director, Products and Services
VP, Network Infrastructure Transformation
Chair, Public Service Development Committee
Chief Purchasing Officer
City of Toronto
Senior Director Global Procurement Solutions & Services
Royal Bank of Canada
Managing Director, Supplier Relationship Management
BMO Financial Group
Assistant Director of Global Supplier Recovery
General Motors LLC
Senior Manager, Global Human Resources and Talent Management
Chair, Certification Committee
VP, Client Engagement
Corporate Lead / Women in Trade
Export Development Canada (EDC)
President, Frame of Mind Coaching
VP, Client Diversity
Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC)
President, BG Communications International Inc.
Senior Manager, Procurement Business Operations, Policies, Controls, Supplier Diversity and Ombudsman
Chair, Business Development Committee
Head of Responsible Sourcing and Supplier Diversity
TD Bank Group
Head of Procurement and Supply Management
WBE Canada has following committees working closely with and reporting to the Board of Directors (login):